Monday, September 14, 2009

WHW on Wikipedia

Six months or so ago, I became a registered Wikipedian and cautiously set about writing what I hoped would be the first of several entries for unknown and/or under-appreciated architects--my stock in trade. WHW was my first attempt and, astoundingly, it has remained essentially unaltered. Which means one of two things: either I have treated Wood with balance and equanimity, in true Wikipedian style, or nobody gives a shit.

For what I believe is a coherent, unbiased and objective overview of William Halsey Wood, I hope you will visit his entry at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Halsey_Wood.

Incidentally, since its original posting, Wood's entry has been replicated at least twice. So its content shows up three times in a google search of his name. What does that say about the nature of the web?

No comments:

Post a Comment